Pages

Freitag, 14. März 2014

How to make Banana Bread

Eingestellt von nanaliciouz um 03:35

Since I live alone, I get bored very quickly. Just procrastinating and being unproductive all day long. That's why I spent more time at my parents home and stayed there the last two weeks.
When I got back home, my kitchen had an intensive smell of bananas and after a sec I knew why. There were overripe bananas in my fruit bowl! Geez ... I rarely have fresh fruits at home, so I totally forgot them! -_- Fortunately it's still too cold for fruit flies! xD
I didn't want to throw them away because I hate wasting food and they also had this nice sweet smell. So what to do? Turn them into banana bread - what else! Banana bread has been on my TO-DO list for longer and now it was the perfect time to give it a try! Here we go:


Banana Bread (makes 1 loaf, approx. 12 servings)
adapted from allrecipes.de

  • 250g all-purpose flour
  • 100g almonds, chopped
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 115g butter, unsalted
  • 85g brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 midsize bananas, overripe and mashed

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan or line with a baking paper.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, chopped almonds, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Gradually stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. 

3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.


You can clearly see and taste the chopped almonds in it. So good! If you don't like almonds, of course you can replace them with walnuts, hazelnuts or whatever you like. :)

I like to have my banana bread with strawberry jam. Nothing's better - not even with Nutella! Even my Minion cannot resist. :P

Hope you like this recipe as much as I do. Have fun baking - Good luck! :)


0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 

Nanaliciouz Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review